Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Board with Google Docs in Cards?

Wheatley Stefan January 9, 2018

I'm creating a master board that we'll use to manage new clients. Within the master board, I've added cards that have attachments that are linked via URL to Google Docs. All docs have permissions set so that users who access the links can make edits. This master board will be duplicated when we have new clients, and all associated docs will be unique to that client. 

My guess is that these google docs will always be the same, and a new google doc wouldn't be generated if the entire board (and all associated cards and attachments) gets copied, since the URLs within those cards will be the same. That said, is there a workaround or way to duplicate boards that have embedded Google docs associated with them?

There is tremendous convenience using Google docs to simply edit and resume working, as opposed to opening a word doc, updating, saving, and re-attaching. 

I'm curious if anyone has had this issue? The only solution I can see is having an individual doc for each card saved, instead of using google docs. This method will ensure that duplicating a board wouldn't use the same google docs. 

Thanks,

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Georgie Bottomley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2018

Hi Wheatley, 

What an interesting question, thank you so much for getting in touch. 

What you expect is absolutely right. Duplicating the board, will copy the URL you have in each card, so you will be sent to the same Google Doc and not a new one. 

You could try and do this the other way round- so you create the Google Doc from Trello? 

This article has a bit more information about the integration between the two products- https://blog.trello.com/trello-and-google-drive-an-integration-made-in-office-heaven

Thanks, 

Georgie

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events