Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy A Card To All Lists On One Board At Once

Joshua Colgan May 12, 2019

Just wondering if it is possible to copy a card to all lists within a board at one time.  I have a task board, and each employee has their own list within the board.  If I assign a task to someone (create a card) that needs to be completed by everyone on the board (copy the same card to every list on the one board), I am able to copy that card to the next list, then copy that card to the next list, and so on and so forth until it is copied to all lists.  I was wondering if there is a way to create the card one time, and then copy it to all lists at once?  That would be a huge time saver!

Thanks in advance!

2 answers

0 votes
Ricky Charpentier May 13, 2019

Hey @Joshua Colgan if you know how to code (or know someone who's a dev) then it shouldn't be too hard to create an automation that copies cards to other lists when you add one to a specific list.

If not, then a 3rd party service will do it for you. I'm working on a service that automates tasks for web apps like Trello, and already have Trello mostly implemented. I really just have to add the feature to copy the card from one list to another. I'm more than happy to prioritize it if it'd help you out. If you're interested, just let me know!

-Ricky

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2019

@Joshua Colgan you could automate this with Butler, by creating a command something like:

When a card is added to list "Master" copy card to list "Staff One" and copy to list "Staff Two" and copy to list "Staff Three"

etc. unfortunately I don't think there's a way you could make this dynamic, that is without hard coding the list names into the command because there's no "for each list" loop in the butler power up.

Here's a Trellinator command that would loop through the lists on the board and copy the card to each of them:

https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/6468a67e709aceb8b8776b76616461fa

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events