Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting checklist item to card

Madlyn Waskiewicz August 1, 2017

I wish there was an option to keep a checklist item in the list after converting it to a card. In most cases, I still want to maintain a complete list for a history record or as a template. I'd like to come back to that item and check it off once it is complete even though it may require additional steps.

It would be nice to have a ‘move/copy’ option rather than ‘convert’ as exists for cards, lists & boards. And...it would be nice to have the option for due dates on each item.

Is there a reason why this would not be a good idea?

2 answers

0 votes
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 4, 2017

Hi Madlyn,

These are great suggestions, thanks for taking the time to share them with us.

Right now, neither of these changes are on our roadmap, but I'm going to let the team know that these are changes you're looking for. They may be changes that we can plan for a future version of Trello!

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 2, 2017

Madlyn,

Can you clarify, do you mean you wish to move Confluence tasks to a JIRA Software card when they are completed? If you can provide any further details on what you require it will help us to answer your question.

Thank you!

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Madlyn Waskiewicz August 2, 2017

Hi Shannon,

I'm sorry, I thought I was sending this message to someone in Trello support. I don't even know what Confluence or JIRA means, but I had to check a box to send the message.

I guess I should direct my question elsewhere.
It has to do with using Checklists in Cards. Not your area?

Thank you!

Madlyn

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
August 2, 2017

No problem! The Trello support team will answer soon now that we moved the question to their list. :)

Madlyn Waskiewicz August 2, 2017

Thank you!

Not sure how I ended up on your site. :)

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
August 2, 2017

Trello is part of Atlassian so you are in the right place!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events