It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Combining multiple checklists into master checklist

Hi,

To set the context I have a meal-planning board that features a whole load of cards (recipes) that each have a checklist called ingredients.

Every Sunday night I plan the weeks meals and therefore my shopping list.

What I wanted to do, using butlerbot or something similar is to copy recipe cards into a 'planning' list, and have it pull the 'ingredients' checklists from each card and populate a master checklist in the card 'shopping'.

I hope this makes sense and that someone can help me with what I'm trying to do! I can always make the board public and share a link if that would be helpful.

Many thanks,

Andy

3 answers

Hi Andy, I'm not sure if you are able to merge cards out-the-box within Trello, but you may have some luck with using the REST API to merge the two into a new card.

Reading through the Trello documentation, you are able to copy Checklists from other cards, which may provide what you're looking for.

Not an answer from me:

I would +1 this question.  I too am in the exact same boat.  I am wondering if anyone has tackled creating a plug-in for this.  Some of the caveats would be duplicate entries being merged and incremented.  For instance, 1 lb hamburger showing up on the final list 4 times should be turned into 4 lb hamburger.

Anyone have experience building a simple plug-in?

Hey @Andrew Parker

We have an awesome resource for this! Check out the link below for a tutorial from one of our customer success team members. I think you'll find it helpful in creating a master board. 

How to Create a Master Board in Trello (Webinar / Tutorial): 

http://bit.ly/2OB4oIa

Hope you find this useful!

Best,

Unito

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,638 views 15 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you