• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Colors. Again

Andre R I'm New Here Nov 15, 2020

Question to Atlasssian team: when do you anticipate to add the color picker functionality to customize labels/cards? 

I understand, there is no such a feature for now and there are lots of similar tickets. So far, I see the only possible way to solve this issue is to keep stalking Atlassians  to make it work finally. This does not seem to be a complicated feature hard to implement but the total ignorance of the Trello user community which requires this feature for years. Quite blindness approach keeping in mind that Notion and other pretty cool things are already on the market competing strong with Trello.

The only obstacle I could imagine that due to this changing it may require more resources to store all this stuff on the servers. If so and you don't wanna invest into the feature, at least, please do the following:

1) Enhance the basic set of colors at least twice.

2) Update the existing colors to something more fresh. The current colors are dull. You may consider using flat ui colors palette like this one: https://flatuicolors.com/palette/defo

Looking forward to your reply.

1 answer

0 votes
Ryan Atlassian Team Nov 20, 2020

Hi Andre,

Thanks for reaching out!

You're right that there are probably a few similar questions about this in our community here. For some context, the biggest reason we haven't implemented that is that for every label color, Trello also provides accessible, color-blind friendly patterns, to help those who can't detect color differences be able to differentiate label colors.

In the meantime, one way you can differentiate between labels with the same color to display the names of the labels on your cards. Clicking on the label will show the name, and clicking on it again will hide it.

Thanks!

Ryan

Hello Ryan,

What about enabling the function for boards that aren't shared, like our own personal Boards, giving people the option to turn on 'Expanded Color Picker' or whatever the devs wanna call it? Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 What is Trello?

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. I'll be sharing with you a series of videos with my top tips on how to best use Trello...

780 views 13 30
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you