Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Collect cards from another board and convert them into checklist items

Hi everyone, 

I'm trying to set up an automation rule using Butler where I can collect cards from a specific list and convert them into items of a checklist within the card newly created.

I found that on Butler, however the limitation is that I can only collect those cards from the current board and I can't collect them from another board 

Do you know if there is a way of doing that ? 

1 answer

@iliaskzz 

Yes, it can be done. Just tested on that sends a card over to the board and when the checklist is created return the card back to the board via the boardname. 

Can you please share with me a screenshot of the rule ? just to be sure we're talking about the same use casre. Thanks :-)

Iain Dooley Community Leader Oct 10, 2021

@milynnus @iliaskzz I think what he means is that if you first move the card into which you want the items collected, into the same board as the list, you can then collect the cards from that list, and move the card back to the original board.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,398 views 28 41
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you