Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client access to just one card for proofing

Jason Grossman July 18, 2018

We are a print house that uses a Trello board for order tracking and workflow.  We need tha capability to give the client a link to just one card (we don't want them looking at everyone elses projects), so that they can do proofing and add comments on just that one card.

We cannot force them, nor would we wish, to have them part of our Trello group.

Is this still not possible in Trello? Is the only solution a card-to-email/email-back-to-card route?

This is really keeping us from using Trello effectively... and the extra steps between card-email-card leave lots of space for lost data (delayed printing for us), as well as extra data entry for my team (loss of hours and productivity while copying data).

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2018

Hi @Jason Grossman Have you ever considered creating a proofing board for this client (and other clients). You could move the card over to that separate client board, go to menu and the client to the board, have the client review the card and add comments etc. and then when they have approved it, you can move the card back into your main board where all your projects are held.  You can then archive the empty board you used temporarily, and then if there are other projects for this client in the future (or you need them to have another look at that same card) you can unarchive the board and do the same steps above (move card over to get client comments). 

Business class allows observer access, but it is access to the full board, not just one card: https://help.trello.com/article/732-adding-observers-to-boards

Let me know if this work-around will help.

Have a great day,

Jodi

Jason Grossman July 19, 2018

Hi Jodi,

I appreciate your input.  Unfortunately, that sounds like way more work than just sending an email, and we're trying to cut down on the work and save time. We have 1000's of clients, so it would be awkward at best.

Is there not a simple way to send a single card and attachments to a client? That does not require the client to join Trello?

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2018

Hi @Jason Grossman I am not aware of being able to just send one card, if the card is in your private board they would not be able to see it, and if you made the board public they would be able to see all your other cards. Have you considered printing the card but choosing Adobe PDF option, that way you can pdf the contents of the card and send to client?

You may want to consider submitting this as a feature request:

https://help.trello.com/article/724-submitting-feature-requests-for-trello 

0 votes
mustafa sener _Hipporello_
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 15, 2020

Hi @Jason Grossman ,

As @Jodi LeBlanc  stated, If you want to do this in Trello, you need to open a separate board for each customer and try to manage them on those separate boards in order to prevent them to see each other's requests. So there are no obvious native ways to do it.

But you can use Hipporello, a service desk power-up built just for Trello users, to tackle this problem. I am the founder of this power-up and I strongly suggest that you should give it a try. Hipporello connects your customers and employees to your support, IT & business teams by creating Trello cards via online forms and emails. And it enables further communication with customers to be handled on Trello card. You don't need to go back to your email provider to contact the requester. There are many more features that I don't want to spend your time on.

Please go and check our website or Trello power ups for Hipporello.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events