Child card naming

Erin Ussery October 19, 2021

I've created a couple of template cards with several child cards (9).  When I copy the template or create a card from the template, everything creates as it should until I rename a child card on the copy or the card I created from the template.  The child card name then gets updated on every card - copied or created.  I need each copied/created card to be unique and have unique child card naming - we track client accounts and I need the child card to reference one client only.  I'd like to be able to create/copy for each client and then re-name the children cards specific to the client as applicable without changing child card names for other clients.  Please help :-)

1 answer

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2021

When you say "child card", do you mean check-list item?

Erin Ussery October 25, 2021

No, When using the Hello Epics power-up, you can create child cards that attach to the main parent card.  The example we have is that we have clients that are renewing service for 1/1/22.  The parent card holds all of the main client information.  We then attach child cards with the various groups of tasks that must be completed for the renewal.  Like there are several steps to take when updating their membership in our system.  The child card would contain those specific items along with due dates, assigned to, etc.  We also kind of see it as the child cards are checklist items for different team members.  Does that help?  Thank you for your question!  

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2021

Hi Erin! Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for clarifying - that clears things up! I think with Hello Epics, when relating a child card to an epic, you can either create a new one in the epic card, or search for an existing card and link that to the epic. Are you doing the latter? If so, that would explain it - it's the same card that's being related to multiple epics when it should be seperate cards. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events