Checklist on two cards - synchronisation

Mark Pearson February 1, 2022

I have Premium Trello. I have set up one card e.g. CARD A and added a check list lets call it CHECKLIST MAIN TASKS. I have then created a second card CARD B. I have then copied over CHECKLIST MAIN TASKS. If i update an item on Card A checklist is it possible to synch it that Card B will also update? Reason is I want each card to have a checklist but i want to be able to view all the different items from different checklists on multiple cards in one place. Otherwise is there another way i can view all checklist items on cards in one place? 

PS I am not a techy if it would require me to write code. 

Many thanks 

Mark

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2022

Hi @Mark Pearson ! Is the goal to have an overview of all checklist items for tracking purposes? For now, there's no easy native way to see all check items in a board, so you'll most likely need to use a Power-Up. You do have the "My Items" section, but that only shows checklist items that you're assigned to.

You might want to look into using a reporting Power Up like Blue Cat Reports. It's super easy to use - you just need to create a quick list, and choose the option to report on checklist items rather than cards. You can then choose to report on checklist items from within one board, or many. This will be a dynamic report, so any changes to the checklist items will be reflected in the report. You can also set up recurring emails if you want to be sent a report on a regular basis.

Hope that helps!

Mark Pearson February 3, 2022

Thanks Hannah, that's useful I'll take a look. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2022

@Mark Pearson 

I did a project for a client in uk to update copies of a checklist across many cards for add, delete and reordering of checklist items. The cards are copies of two parent cards. In his case, he had looks of child cards like 1000+ cards.

As you had expected this was done via some custom code. However, we realised that the updates when done via a program are also counted towards his entitlement and my client was not prepared to grade their Trello plan to a premium plan so that he has enough operation entitlement to effect the changes across the system. 

i suggest you check whether Unito can handle the above for you. We can to use a program because of the number of card checklist items that need to be synchronised. 

As for see all items in one place - this is an often asked requirement but I have yet to come across a solution being suggested here. 

Mark Pearson February 1, 2022

Hi Milynnus, thanks for the answer. Maybe these aspects of synchronisation or single view will be something the Trello developers will look at in the future. I would have thought the latter would be an easier solution to be able to do.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events