Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checklist Templates

Niki Dillingham November 4, 2017

Hello,

For our site testing board we use checklist templates for each device/OS to help us keep track of what has already been tested on.

I have these checklist templates housed on a separate list within the board for easy access. However, each time we add a checklist to another card, that card populates within our checklist list "Copy items from".

Is there a way for me to manage how the checklists appear on this list or to maybe have only certain checklists appear in this dropdown some how?

2017-11-04_10-04-07.png

3 answers

1 vote
Mary Kidd November 15, 2017

Hello,

I would like to echo Niki's suggestion to be able to manage which checklists appear in the "Copy Items From..." menu. It is causing confusion in my team.

I have taken your suggestion to alphabetize the name of the checklist template card to push it to the top of the list, but it would be immensely helpful if there was a way to mask out all of the other checklists.

Thanks,

Mary

0 votes
Dan Collins November 30, 2017

May I piggyback on this thread since it is still recent?

I am a Trello Business user. We have multiple boards and want to use checklists extensively. But I think that the checklists I am creating on Board #1 are not populating to subsequent boards. I really don't want to rebuild these across several boards. Is there a way to share these checklists across boards?

Thanks,

-Dan

0 votes
Marta Galofre de Alos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 5, 2017

Hi Niki,

Marta here, from Trello Support.

It's currently not possible to customize the checklists that appear on the list. All checklists from within the board will appear as an option to copy items from. Because they appear alphabetically, maybe you'd be able to number the most important checklists to have those ones appear first.

This being said, I see how in your case it would be useful to limit the options on the menu, so I'll go ahead and pass your interest on this to my team. Please let me know if you'd like me to send them additional information.

If you're curious about how our team decides on what requests we work on, this article gives some insight into that process: http://help.trello.com/article/724-submitting-feature-requests-for-trello

To see what features our devs are currently working on, check out our dev board at http://www.trello.com/dev

Cheers,

Marta 

Niki Dillingham November 7, 2017

That little factoid of them being alpha order is helpful! I missed that somewhere in my research. So that's a perfect work around!

Thanks!

Marta Galofre de Alos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 9, 2017

You're welcome :) Glad to hear I could help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events