Checklist Notification Once Item Is Completed

Brian Robinson April 13, 2022

Hello,

Our scheduling team uses trello to track our progress going though our scheduling process.  Each team member is assigned a individual task in a checklist.  I would like a notification to be sent to the other team members whenever someone has marked themselves complete.  Is there an option for this?

image.png

3 answers

1 vote
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2022

@Brian Robinson 

When an item is checked is an existing trigger you can use. I think with @card on the comment it should notify the other members

See https://help.trello.com/article/765-commenting-on-cards

For item due alert I have a project that I developed:

https://github.com/xu2xulim/Trello-Item-Alert

Ops Bot April 14, 2022

I've played with this and it doesn't seem to work that well since members assigned to checklist items don't seem to count as card members, at least in my attempts I never got anything to trigger.

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2022

@Ops Bot 

If I am not mistaken, you can assign items only for members of the board. There is not trigger for checklist item. In the project for item alert that I built, if there is someone assigned it will be @username otherwise it will be @card. Obviously it will not work if you do not have it installed on your board.

1 vote
Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 13, 2022

Hi @Brian Robinson - our Advanced Checklists don't send notifications at this time, but it is something we're looking into adding. However, we're looking into adding due date reminders for notifications, not confirmation that a checklist has been ticked off. 

0 votes
Ops Bot April 14, 2022

If you have a set team who you would always want to get a notification you can set up an email automation to trigger whenever a checklist item is completed

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events