Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change to Bulter command runs?

Stephen Rees November 18, 2020

Hi.

Has the way Butler does command runs change? I have a 'due date' command that used to apply to all cards on a board in one run. Now it seems to do a run for each card and my Butler quota is quickly used up.

Thanks, Stephen

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 18, 2020

Hi Stephen,

yes, about a month ago, the implementation for Butler commands for 'due date' type rules changed, which may affect command quota consumption, depending on your use-case.

We made this change to address some issues caused by the previous implementation, centered around retries, as well as fixing some bugs in complex commands (especially involving list sorting, and wildcard matching).

As you mentioned, previously due date command runs for a single 'timeslot' would count for one command run, and process all (with a limit) cards matching that timeslot per board in that run. Now, Butler will process each matching card individually, as a separate command run. So your command quota usage would only have increased if you optimized your board to have due dates hit the same timeslot (ie. having many cards with the same due date).

Please do reach out to the Trello Support team, if this change is negatively impacting your workflow, and we'll do our best to help you resolve it!

Felix

Stephen Rees November 18, 2020

Thanks very much Felix, that’s a really clear and thorough answer. I’ll do as you suggested. Stephen

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events