Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the Boards E-Mail Address

Patrick Heidtmann April 11, 2023

I work in a Smart City team, which I will unfortunately be leaving soon. We organize ourselves through a Trello Premium board, and the automatically generated board email address is always linked to my personal name, even if I change it. Since I will be leaving the team soon and the administrator tasks will be passed on to someone else, I would like to set up an email address for the board that is more connected to the team or the admin function. For example: smartcityxyzuidu@boards.trello.com or smartcitytownadminxyzafihaiofha@boards.trello.com.

Is it possible for Atlassian to change the linked email address that was used to set up the board? Are there any other workarounds that would solve the problem (e.g. delete the current and set up a new premium board?)

What other things do I need to consider in order to prepare a clean handover for my successor?

Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards,
Patrick 

EDIT: Topic solved. Should've checked my co-workers accounts before. Sorry, please delete this post. Thanks :) 

1 answer

0 votes
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2023

Hi Patrick,  

The email to board function on Trello will create an address related to every member so it might be:

Member 1: member1+zvxvmyd9bpfiax5a6lnl@boards.trello.com

Member 2: member2+zvxvmyd9bpfiax5a6lnl@boards.trello.com

One possibility is to create a new account on Trello called "smarttownadmin" and add it to the board. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events