Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change label or list names while rules are running

Ole Osthoff November 18, 2020

Hi there,

I have already built up several boards with a lot of rules and buttons. A lot of rules are working with labels and lists. So if I have to change for example a Name of a label oder a list it seems, that the rules are not working anymore.

Is it possible to change names of labels or lists afterwards without losing the function of the rules? Or is it possible to change the names of labels or lists in the rules after the name has been adjusted using a replace function without having to check and adjust all rules manually?

Many thanks for your help in advance!

Best regards

Ole

1 answer

0 votes
Vini
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 19, 2020

Hi Ole,

If your rules are executed only inside the board, you should be safe editing labels. Butler will identify the change and keep working normally.

If you're using cascading actions on one board to find a card in another board and then execute actions there, or if you're deleting labels that are part of rules, that might confuse Butler. If this is what you need to do, I believe you will have to track down your rules and where they are making changes so you can ensure they keep working after you edited the labels.

Ole Osthoff November 20, 2020

Hi Vini,

thanks for your answer. For example I have one rule which adds the orange "To Do" label on every card which is added to the list "neue Projekte". If I now change the name of the orange label to "1 - To Do" than of course every existing label on the cards will be changed but if now an new card is added to the list "neue Projekte" I have a second orange label with the name "To Do" and on the new card the label ist named "To Do" but not "1 - To Do".

So it seems that I have to change the label name in every rule manually, which is quit a lot work.

Best regards

OleBildschirmfoto 2020-11-20 um 09.14.30.jpg

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events