Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Change due date when moving card

Hello,

Context:

• I am in charge of a Product roadmap board.
  • On this board: 1 list = 1 release with a given date
  • In each list I have cards, 1 card = 1 feature, with a due date = release date

What I need:

• Each time a card (feature) is moved from one list to another, its due date is updated with the date of the release
  • How do we know this date? It could be set in the first card (only card of a list which would not be a feature then) of each list

I tried lot of Butler command, including commands like "find a card titled "Date" or variables like  {triggercardduedate}, but I can't do what I want.

Could you please helps me with this?

Thank you very much!

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Waite Atlassian Team Sep 15, 2021

Hi Sarah,

It sounds like you want to set up an automation that sets a certain due date when a card moves into a list, like the one below:

Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 4.18.26 pm.png

You would have to set up a rule for each list. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,406 views 28 42
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you