Change checklist items' due date automatically for new cards

Parham Aghdasi January 6, 2021

Hi,

I need to be able to create/copy cards but be able to shift all the due dates of the checklist items of the new card by a certain amount of time. To be more specific, I have a template card with 37 checklist items in it. Each checklist item has a separate due date. I want to be able to copy the card to create a new card and be able to shift all the due dates of the checklist items of the new card by a certain amount (let's say 2 days) compared with the previous card. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks,

Parham 

2 answers

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2021

@Parham Aghdasi 

Finally, I found the post that prompted me to go create a module.

https://youtu.be/3R9RzO7zdAk

Clever use of CF, can made the card button act upon different checklist for each run.

Robin Moore April 16, 2022

This video has been made private :(

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2022

@Robin Moore 

Yes, it was made private because there weren’t much interest. Furthermore, because of some change inside Trello, the custom power up stopped working. I have since found an alternative node platform that can run my custom power up but had no migrate the code over. 

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 7, 2021

@Parham Aghdasi  Can Butler handle checklist item due date? Yes but not incrementing from existing due dates

Due date on items are only with Business class Advanced Checklist.

I don’t think there is a published API to update or add item due.

I tested out a change on a post API to create items on a checklist with a due date using (1) a due date of an existing item (2) a due date from a card (3) a due date from a custom field.

Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 11.40.17 AM.jpg

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 7, 2021

@Parham Aghdasi to make this useful. it should be in a form that can be used with Butler. The only exit provided by native Butler is Http Request. The scenario you presented is one of them but there may be others. 

Also able to update an existing item by name with a new date.

The challenge I am facing is that "for each item", Butler does not seem to process all the command behind it in series, it does this instead for 3 items.... cmd1 cmd1 cmd 1 cmd2 cm2 cmd2...instead of item 1 cmd 1 cmd 2 , item 2 cm1d cmd2,...etc

Robin Moore April 16, 2022

Butler does support http POST and PUT, and you can include variables and CF values

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events