Change card status

Cliff Parker January 25, 2018

Hey, 

I've got a multiple boards set up, all with 3 lists (to, doing, done). I'm running placker for dashboards cross all boards. However I'm having issues.

How can I either:

a) Change a card status (when I move it to the done column, I don't want it marked complete

b) Set the default card status for a list?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 28, 2018

Hi Cliff,

When you say "card status," are you referring to marking a due date as complete? That's the only form of "status" in Trello.

Marking a due date as complete will never happen automatically, so when you move a card to the Done column, the due date will remain incomplete until you check the box.

When you add a due date to a card, it will always be incomplete initially, and that's not currently configurable!

Cliff Parker January 29, 2018

Hey, 

There's a status field on the card when opened. Near the top next to the label field. That's the one I'm referring to.

Thanks

Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2018

Hi Cliff,

I see! That sounds like your team has a "Custom Field" set up, as there's no "Status" field natively available in Trello.

Setting a default for a Custom Field isn't available right now, and I still wouldn't expect the status field to change automatically based on a list change, but your team might have some additional automation set up (perhaps via Butler) that's affecting that. If that's the case, whatever system is affecting those automations should be configurable to however you want it to work.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events