Change appearing of Trello board via a Power-Up

Dominic P. January 19, 2021

Some power-ups from Trello Inc. are able to change the appearing of elements on the board, e.g. the cards using the card aging power-up.

card appearance.jpg

Do I miss something in the trello power-up documentation? I thought that one could apply styles only to your own iframes, e.g. your modals, pop-ups etc. but not change the styling of the Trello board itself.

Or is it because Trello Inc. itself is using another framework for their own power-ups?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 19, 2021

Hey @Dominic P_

You didn't miss anything, the Card Aging power-up (among some others, like Maps) don't use the public power-up framework, but are built into the Trello client, so that they can manipulate the card's styles.

Felix

Dominic P. January 19, 2021

Hi @Felix, thanks for your quick response. Ok, that's why. This would make for a very powerful feature for the Trello power-up framework to be able to customize the styles of the board itself or register some custom callbacks on the existing elements...

1 vote
Travis Hamera January 19, 2021

My support on this too. I create "private" powerup for my team and would love the ability to add UI elements to trello that support our processes and style.  We could really use the ability to consistently add visual cues for our users.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events