Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Label (ex. Green to red) when card is linked to another card?

christina September 5, 2020

Hi,

I try to use cards with staff names (staff are members on that specific card with their name on) and link that "staff card" to a project card.

I use green label on the staff card for "available" and red labels for "unavailable"

I would love if that label changed automatically when I link a staff card to a project card. 

is that possible ? and how? :) 

Christina 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2020

@christina  have you tried this when an attachment starting with "https://trello.com/c/" is added to card ...then your remove the available label and add the unavailable label? The assumption is that all cardlink attachments will be a project card.

rax adaam
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2020

further to this, if not all attachments will be project cards, you could create a "project card" label so that the rule only triggers when an attachment with the appropriate label is added. 

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2020

@christina let me see if I understand this correctly:

You have a card "Project A" and you have a staff card "Staff Member A".

You have a red label on "Staff Member A" and you want a command that does this:

When I add a link to "Staff Member A" to card "Project A" I want the red label removed from "Staff Member A" and the green label added to "Staff Member A"

Is that correct?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events