Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cards that won't die!

Lindsey_Ross January 10, 2019

I have a card that I can't get to stop coming back! It was from when I first downloaded the Repeater power-up, and was just testing it out. The card literally just says "Testing to see if the repeater works".

I believe when I first set it up I had it set to daily repeat, but now the repeater has been removed and it even says the card will stop repeating if it's deleted or moved to another board (I have tried numerous times to archive and then delete it, as there seems to be no option to delete it without archiving first).

How can I get this card out of my life?!

Thanks!

3 answers

1 vote
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2019

@Lindsey_Ross in addition to the suggestion from @Jodi LeBlanc you might find that if you re-enable the power up, and remove that test, then it will be stopped and you can disable the power up again.

1 vote
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2019

Hi @Lindsey_Ross I feel your pain - this happened to me before as well. Are you able to open your trello via mobile device/smart phone? If you go to the card that is repeating, open it and select the "..." in right corner, it will then open a menu that has delete card (it is right under the archive card in the menu). I believe this is what solved my problem when it happened to me, but I can't quite remember so please try it and let me know if the card appears the next day.

Fingers crossed this will get this card out of your life for good :)
Jodi

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2019

DId you get a chance to try this @Lindsey_Ross - I hope it works for you :)

Lindsey_Ross January 13, 2019

Yes, I try doing that every day and it still comes back :( I've tried both from my phone and from the web interface.

Lindsey_Ross February 12, 2019

Does anyone have any more suggestions for this? I have multiple cards for which I have turned off the repeater, archived then deleted, even moved to a dummy list called "Get this out out of here!" and still they pop back up day after day on their original list. It's driving me crazy!

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2019

@Lindsey_Ross what about if you create a new board and move your lists over to it? Don't copy the existing board but create a new one -- power ups are on a per board basis.

Lindsey_Ross February 28, 2019

So I've tried this for about a week and unfortunately no, they won't die! I created a brand new board called "Cards that won't die," and with all these repeating cards, I've tried removing the repeater, moving it to the "Cards that won't die" board, and also have tried archiving/deleting them. They won't go away! 

If it's helpful to note, with these cards, I don't see the little square repeater icon in the corner--instead there's just a very small little white dash in the left corner of the card. It seems to have the same effect as the repeater, though when I open the card, there is no repeat set (no note that says "this card will repeat on XYZ date."

??

Lindsey_Ross March 9, 2019

So at this point I'm considering removing the repeater power-up altogether because it's just too annoying to have all these daily recurring cards keep coming back! My concern though is, if I do so, what will happen to all the cards that do have legit repeaters set? Will the cards just become regular cards on their respective lists? Or will they disappear since right now they seem to just be hanging out somewhere waiting for their repeat? 

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2019

@Lindsey_Ross @Jodi LeBlanc also note that you can delete cards from the web interface too, you just have to archive them first.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events