Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card age metrics for Trello

Olga November 1, 2017

Hi there!

I am a user of a business class Trello and I need to see the following metrics for the board:

We have a process in Trello with several lists that are statuses of the process.

Let it be: Created - In progress - Verification - Done.

What I need is simply to see how many days a card stays in every single list.

I would like to find any report that will show me the evarage time for all cards, average time for cards with a particular label and possibility to see details for every card (as I have said - how many days he card stayed in every list)

I have found goodle chrome add-on to see true age of a card but I can't create a report to see the overall metrics for all cards on the board to measure the process. As we are trying to improve some of our metrics it is crutial for me to measure it somehow to see if the approach we have created works or not and what are our week points.

Harvest does not work as it count the time spend per card but not the time the card was on every list.

Screenful doesn't seemt o help as well.

Do you have any other ideas? It would be really appreciated.

Thank you for support.

Kind regards,

Olga

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 2, 2017

Hi Olga,

There are a couple of other tools that we typically recommend for reporting, so you may want to check these out:

Hopefully one of them will give you what you need!

Ultimately, the API may be your best bet, if you have any developer resources available to you. Because the API includes all data about a card, it's the best way to build advanced reporting in Trello. If you haven't checked it out already, I'd recommend checking out the 'Getting Started' section of our developer documentation site: https://developers.trello.com. It will walk you through using the API to access your data in Trello.

Once you have gone through that and understand how to use a key and token to access data in the API, you may find the following query as a good starting place. It includes almost all of the information about a board, including pluginData: https://api.trello.com/1/boards/[boardId]?fields=all&cards=all&card_fields=all&pluginData=true&card_pluginData=true. You'd just need to replace [boardId] with the ID of your board.

Olga November 3, 2017

Hi Michael,

Thank you for detailed answer. I will definetely take a look on API possibilities!

However I have hoped that a simplier solution already exists. It is a kind you ask how to warm up a soup but get an answer how to plant vegetables and grow a chicken to prepare the soup from the beginning :))) I am only joking!

Kind regards,

Olga

Dan Collins December 6, 2017

FWIW, I have almost exactly the same need. I, too, am a business class user. 

If someone has a simple (non-technical api-related turn key solution), please ping me! 

Coach

Dan

At

Gmail

Olga December 6, 2017

Hi there, I ended up using www.reportsfortrello.com. It doesn't allow to have all the data I need at once, however you can run several reports and combine all the data in Excel to see the whole picture. Unfortunately it is the best option I have found so far.

Regards, Olga

0 votes
Sami Linnanvuo {Screenful}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 23, 2019

The Time in State chart by Screenful shows you exactly that. Here's a screenshot: 

Time+in+state.pngYou can learn more at https://screenful.com/tour/time-in-state-chart

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events