Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card Due Date Reminders with Trello Butler

venthpar November 28, 2019

Is there a way to set the due date alert on a board so that the actual card is pushed to my email? 

Right now, on my test board, I have a due date alert set for 21 days before the deadline of my cards. I set it so that it pushes the name of the board and a generic message to my inbox e.g. " An Important Deadline Is Coming Up!". 

However, I would like to set the alert so that the contents of the actual card are pushed to my inbox. Each card represents a different deadline within a project and it would be helpful to see the contents of these cards.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2019

Hi @venthpar 

You can do this with a Butler command/rule using the variables found here 

If you use that, it could look something like this in Butler:

Screenshot 2019-11-30 at 17.03.13.pngObviously the 'something' would be the email address you want to send it to - but in this example, I have the board name as well as the card name as the subject of the email, and in the body of the email I have whatever is in the card description. 

Of course, you can add more or take things away in this way, so I've added the link to all the variables in this reply as well, so that you can see exactly what can be done!

Hope this is helpful

Esme :)

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2019

If you already have cards in the board that you want to have emailed to you, or to test whether this works or not, simply either remove the due date and re-add it (it won't work for any card on the board that already has a due date set, you'll need to remove it and add it again), or create random cards with due dates to make sure that they're coming over when they should in the way that you want them to

Esme :)

0 votes
Andreas Lengger February 9, 2022

Esme this is helpful, thanks. Do you also know a way to set the reminder within the app (so that a push notification pops up instead of receiving an e-mail)? Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events