Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card Description suddenly contained old text

Minerva_Vazquez June 7, 2020

Hello!

I would like to know if someone has already experienced an accidental "reverse" update of a Card description, i.e. suddenly a complete old description appears on a card description field, as it had been recovered from some cache or similar.

I tried the instructions for checking the history of the card description, and indeed the update is there, however I cannot tell "how" the update was made. It is hard to believe that it was a manual update because it happened in one step and the "recovered" text was identical to a description text the card had several days ago. Since then, the card description field was updated many times.

Any ideas?

Thank you !

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2020

@Minerva_Vazquez I've not experienced it, but one thing I have experienced from time to time is a delay in sending updates from mobile devices, that is, there is a delay in sync. When someone opens the app again, a bunch of changes are sent to the board. Do you or anyone else on your team regularly use a mobile device to access Trello?

You can see in the JSON data when you recover the card description the "idMemberCreator" which is the id of the user who made the change. It might be a little tricky to find out the username from that ID without using the API, but you could for example make one more edit, and check if it was your user id that made the change.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events