Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card Creation Defaults?

alaina Mogu November 27, 2019

Hi - Is there a way to create card creation defaults? IE anytime I create a new card on a board, a custom field box is automatically checked or a due date is automatically set? Thanks!

2 answers

1 vote
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2019

Hiya Alaina

Just to add to @Mirek's answer, this is what I've got set up every time I make a new card:

Screenshot 2019-11-30 at 16.48.06.png For clarification, the CC stands for 'card created' so that I know when I made the card. I used to have this in a comment, but I like being able to see the CC date on the front of the card - this is a 'custom field.'

I also have the blue-button added to the card name because my Trello board sync with my Google Calendar and I like to have the visual representation to know what events are in my calendar and which events are linked to Trello.

I also played around with the comment, so I like to have the date in the format that I use which is YY-MM-DD, so every time I add a card to the board, it posts the comment so that I know what date and time I added it, in addition to the 'custom field' that shows on the front of the card.

This rule works for cards added/moved/created/copied, so basically any time anything is added to the board, that'll happen.

Hope that helps

Esme :)

1 vote
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2019

Hi @alaina Mogu 

I think you should be able to achieve this with Butler Power Up - Rules (https://trello.com/power-ups/5935cab6b26816f9d49fd814/butler)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events