Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card Covers and Card Dividers

Beth Maxwell June 4, 2020

I love the new feature of card covers and card dividers using ---! 

I would like to use this for cards in lists that describe how to use the list.  I want it to be the first card in the list but there is no way to pin the card to the top of the list.  I often sort my cards by due date and I am constantly moving this card to the top.  

Question. Has anyone found a way to pin card to the top of the list?  Or is this a feature that Trello plans to release at some point in the future? 

1 answer

3 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2020

Hi @Beth Maxwell ,

Welcome to the community!

There are two workaround options if you don't want to use the Chrome extension. Just a word about this being a workaround that I use and works for me. I don't know if this fits everyone's needs, but works for me. Also, this is just a tip, it's not an exact "how-to"; no exact step-by-step. Just the big picture. If you need a step-by-step...ask. 

1) Enable Butler 

-> set to run automatically, such as when a card is added, by date, or by date and time

--> under "sorting" in Butler, determine how you want to "sort" (age of card, due date, label, etc)

---> click save

2) Enable Butler & Custom Fields (my favorite way)

-> set up the custom field (I set a checkbox that's called "details" or "pin" or whatever you want. You could call it "George" for all it matters). The checkbox custom field is on every card, so I can have multiple pinned if I want. 

--> set Butler to run automatically, such as when a card is added (I set it to run when a card is added so that whenever a card is added Butler automatically re-sorts to ensure the checkbox card is first

---> under "sorting" in Butler, select "sort the list by custom field", select your custom field, how you want it sorted (ascending or descending), click Add, and then save

The second workaround is great because you can sort according to the custom field and then sort again by another custom field or label or whatever. I have a few cards pinned on some lists and not others. With this, you can create a custom field sorting list that has multiple ascending "pinned" cards that always remain at the top. 

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2020

This is good to know!! I see people asking about this periodically and didn't know there was a way to do this, but it makes sense! Thanks for sharing!

Beth Maxwell June 9, 2020

Thank you. I will try them both to see which is best.  I am hoping that Trello will do this natively in the future . 

Like Soumyadeep Mandal likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events