Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot open attachments in Trello app on phone

George Pirtheesingh February 18, 2020

Hi Guys, 

Sorry for such a basic question, but we are trying to implement Trello as a material tracker within my business. The desktop version is running fine, but nobody can open attachments on their phone apps. The file appears to download ok but when you click on "open", an error message appears saying "Can't open file". 

Can anybody help? 

Thanks 

1 answer

0 votes
Torben_trello
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 24, 2020

Are these specific files types that you are attaching that are not supported by the phone or the phone does not have an app to open with? Feel free to reach out to trello.com/contact with an example. We'd be happy to take a look.

dex black June 26, 2021

Sorry to stack on but I am also receiving a similar response to opening a Google doc on Android 11 kernel 4.14.113

error says.

Sorry there are no apps on your device that can open this attachment.

Google docs app is installed.

The file I was trying to open is on the recents list in that app.

dex black June 26, 2021

Reinstalling Google docs app did not help.

Shashank Bhardwaj July 15, 2021

Did you find a solution @dex black 

dex black July 15, 2021

No solution.

Problem persists.

Trello app has become quite slow also.

A different error on some other links claiming no internet connection (obviously wrong).

I may have to just reinstall it something.

Thomas Wett July 20, 2021

We need Atlassian to answer this question. I saw similar issues back in 2018. 

Atlassian, when is this going to get fixed. It makes Trello unusable for sharing files on Goggle Drive.  

Kaspars July 23, 2021

The same issues, on one phone Android 10 works perfectly, on other Android 11, can't open attachments: Sorry there are no apps on your device that can open this attachment.

Reinstalled Trello app, not working still!

Is there solutions?

Eric Kahiga August 20, 2021

I'm also having the same problem with Trello. The desktop version seems to work okay but the mobile version cannot open attachments. Is there a solution to this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events