Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make other member admin

Suzan McCreadie November 23, 2021

I am admin in the workspace as well as on the board, but cannot make others admin.
Change permissions is greyed out for all others.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 24, 2021

Hi @Suzan McCreadie ðŸ‘‹

Hmm, that's strange as you're following the correct steps to change members to admins. This question was asked earlier by another member too!

Let's see if we can get to the bottom of this, did you set the board up initially?

Could I also check what Trello subscription you're onn (Free, Standard, Premium, Enterprise) and what the board visibility is set to please? 

All the best,

Laura

Suzan McCreadie November 24, 2021

I probably set up the board yes. We are all on free membership and it is now flagged by two others in the team as well.

Suzan McCreadie November 26, 2021

This is still not resolved and affecting the functioning of our team.

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2021

Hi @Suzan McCreadie I've spotted this a couple of times on the Community over the last few days. I think it would be best to raise this directly with Trello support to try and get this solved as soon as possible for you. 

You can raise a support ticket here >> https://trello.com/en-GB/contact

Suzan McCreadie November 27, 2021

I did that at the same time as I reported it here.
No response so far. Have reported again.

Like • Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ likes this
Suzan McCreadie November 29, 2021

Received response; confirmed as bug and Trello is working on fixing it. They also provided a work around in the meantime:

For now, the workaround is to:

1. Remove the member from the Workspace
  2. Change their role on the board in question to admin
  3. Add them back as a member of the Workspace
Like • Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ likes this
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 29, 2021

Fantastic, I'm glad it's getting sorted for you Suzan! You'll be back up and Trello-ing in no time 😃

I'll advise the other Community members who also raised this issue, thank you for keeping us in the loop.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events