Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot log in on Firefox 57.0 (Ubuntu)

MatthewMarks-bbc November 28, 2017

Initially I could see private boards but not edit them, and the header had the Sign Up and Log In buttons. Now when I visit trello.com I immediately get Page Not Found and if I follow the login link it just returns me to the same place. I have disabled all browser add-ons, cleared cookies and cache and it makes no difference. I can log in fine using Chromium. Any suggestions please?

Edit: if I visit trello.com in a private window, I do at least get the home page, but as soon as I log in it goes back into the loop.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 29, 2017

Hi Matthew,

We have, unfortunately, heard of some issues that sound just like this, and this sounds very similar to what other people are reporting regarding the new version of Firefox's handling of cookies. Can you try some of the fixes outlined here?: https://superuser.com/questions/1268551/gmail-wont-work-on-firefox-quantum-because-of-cookies

Hopefully those will help!

MatthewMarks-bbc November 30, 2017

Thank you Michael - refreshing Firefox has fixed it!

0 votes
Dave King December 13, 2017

I had the same problem with Firefox 57.0 on both Ubuntu and OS X. Refreshing Firefox fixed it in both cases.

It was a hassle and waste of time to hunt down the answer. Please make it easier to find. Surely you can detect the problem and redirect users to the solution. That would be preferable to all our users independently wasting time on it.

Also I ran across some dangerously bad advice from Atlassian to enable 3rd party cookies globally. Please don't tell users to do that.

Jerry Hall February 27, 2018

(not griping at you Dave)

OH, ps... you life is going to suck for awhile.

Refreshing Firefox effectively piles on more crap > effectively creates a new profile without existing extensions or themes etc.

Refresh details (read before clicking button unlike yours truly (grrr))

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/refresh-firefox-reset-add-ons-and-settings

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events