Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot export custom fields in trello

Benito Alvarez March 6, 2018
Hi, I'm currently planning to use trello Andrés custom fields Power ups but It seems that info is not properly saved/exportes on Json once you change any value on the custom fields.

Is this correct? Is any action required un order to save changes?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 vote
rich
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 6, 2018

The custom fields are exported in the JSON and CSV. In the JSON, you'll find a `customFields` property at the root object for the <board>.json. Those describe the custom field definition/schema.

In the `root>card` property, you'll find the `customFieldItems` property for each card that has a custom field on it.

Are you not seeing these in your export?

rich
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 6, 2018

FYI -- we've identified the bug and are working on a fix. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2018

@rich - is there anywhere we can follow updates on the bugfix so we know when this is resolved?

rich
Atlassian Team
March 9, 2018

Hi Alex. This issue is now fixed. The fix deployed this morning. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2018

Thanks, Rich!

Benito Alvarez March 10, 2018

Great.Thanks !

Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 16, 2018

@rich - since this was resolved, I've noticed what appears to be another bug. While using a CSV export, I discovered that there was a lot of custom field data missing, and it turns out the values for one of my custom fields was de-selected in quite a few cases. I have a lot of historical cards in this board and the data is missing from quite a few cards, even though the value still exists in the dropdown selection.

I can't find a correlation between the missing values and the missing values appear to have happened on random cards. I will now have to go through hundreds of cards and re-apply the missing value one by one.

A couple questions on this:

1. Is this a known bug as a result of the updates to how custom fields work?
  2. Are there any other additional changes coming to the custom fields power-up functionality in the near future?
  3. Somewhat related - what are the maximum number of custom fields allowed, and how many values can I input into a dropdown? This seems to have changed, but I can't find this documented anywhere.
rich
Atlassian Team
March 16, 2018

@Alex Christensen I'm sorry you're having this issue. Would you mind filing a support case at https://trello.com/contact?

Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 16, 2018

Sure thing, @rich. Thanks for the link!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events