Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you use multiple words or phrases to trigger one automated rule?

Brian Mohler April 1, 2020

I'm wondering if you can set up multiple words or phrases in an automated Butler Rule. Here's what I'm looking to do:

Our company has a couple of different divisions and I created tags for each division. What I wanted to do was set it up so that the rule would go like this:

If employee A or employee B or employee C are mentioned in the ticket title give that ticket the tag division A.

Then I'd create a separate rule with all of the employee's of division B in a separate rule. So far I've been able to have it auto assign the tag with one employee's name, but not multiple names, and I want it to trigger if one of those employees are mentioned, not all. Was trying to not have to create the same rule over and over again just with the employee name swapped out (though I know you can make copies of rules).

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2020

@Brian Mohler you can use the (undocumented) regex modifer in Butler:

when the name of a card contains "regex:/.*(Employee1|Employee2|Employee3).*/"

Brian Mohler April 3, 2020

Thanks! That worked!

Jon Sturm April 16, 2021

I want to do the same to do the same action to multiple cards possibly with different car names but not have to create many different rules. 

The above didn't seem to work for me.  Am I doing what you are meaning? Screenshot of how I set it up is below.

https://Jon-AlliantPR.tinytake.com/media/fcf9f7?filename=1618585493096_TinyTake16-04-2021-10-04-40_637541822875790562.png&sub_type=thumbnail_preview&type=attachment&width=1197&height=423

L. Smith
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 25, 2023

This works for me as well. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events