Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you use Butler to update start & due dates on linked cards?

Rebecca Carter December 15, 2022

I'm using a master Scheduling Trello board to schedule jobs with subcontractors. I have it set up so each subcontractor has their own Trello board, and the card is automatically copied onto their board when I move it to their column on my master board.

I have the cards linked to each other, and I'm wondering if there is a way to use Butler to automatically update the start & due dates on the subcontractor card when I update it on the master card? Ideally, without using any power-ups that we'd have to pay for. 

I found the Butler variables {cardstartdate} and {cardduedate} but don't see where I can use that or if I can even create my own custom commands.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nathan Smith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 19, 2022

Hey @Rebecca Carter 

You could use Butler to update information on a card when another card is updated but you'd only be able to do this one way not both ways as it would risk creating loops in Butler.

You'd need to create separate rules for each field on the card (e.g. one for when the due date is updated, another for when a comment on the card is updated, and so on) and you can then use action like "for each card linked in the attachments" and the action to update the field that's been changed.

Here's a link with some more information on this - https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/synchronizing-cards/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events