Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you set a calendar deadline only for a day without setting a specific time?

Simon Hertling October 20, 2020

I would love to set deadlines for cards for specific days - without setting them to a specific time.

It seems to me, that the calendar upgrade requires the setting of a specific time for each deadline you create. Even if you delete the time in the settings for the deadline, it automatically sets it to 12:00. Is there a workaround?

Otherwise, I'd like to suggest to the developers that Time-Settings becomes an optional feature in the settings for deadlines. This is usually the case in many other calendar apps and/or reminder apps. How can I contact them?

Background: I only set meetings and events with a fixed time to the specific times in my calendar. For stuff that I need to have finished on a specific day I usually set a calendar entry for that specific day in general. On the apple calendar such an event appears at the top line of that day, giving me a separate view on both meetings and stuff I need to do at a certain day.

Circled in red: the setting that I'd love to not use for every deadline.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-20 um 14.00.07.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Blair at Atlassian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 21, 2020

Hi there!

Thanks for reaching out about the card due dates. Right now, Card Due Dates require a date and time. We don't currently have a way to remove the time, but I'll let our dev team know you'd like to see this option!  

Simon Hertling October 22, 2020

Thanks for the information and for letting your team know!

As the separation of meeting- and deadline-reminders in the calendar is something suggested by David Allens "Getting Things Done"-methodology, I assume that I can't be the only one who would gladly welcome this option.

Trello has been an incredible help in implementing the methodology in every other aspect. Synching tasks to specific days would be an awesome completion! 

Thanks again and best regards.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events