cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you "OR" triggers on Butler rules?

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2022

I'm trying to make a trigger that says "when this label is added" OR "when this label is added", and I thought i'd seen a way to do that before but I'm not seeing it now. Anyone have any ideas, or know if this is even possible?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 16, 2022

I think you just have to make two rules.

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2022

@Michael Pryor that's what i thought might be the case. Thanks for confirming!

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2022

@Brittany Joiner 

You got my reply on regex. Use that.

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 16, 2022

@milynnus but how can you apply that to labels? There's no way to add regex for labels, i just see it for content. 

image.png

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 16, 2022

For anyone else who ends up here, this is post with the reply on regex @milynnus is referring to : 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/Is-there-a-way-to-OR-items-in-a-quot-card-name-contains-quot/qaq-p/1927190

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2022

@Brittany Joiner 

Use {labelname} to create a card and set another trigger with the regex and automate as required. 
https://youtu.be/tZ4zySw6cSk

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 16, 2022

@milynnus maybe im just stupid today 😂 but i still don't understand how that works - a rule for when any label is added to a card, create a new card with {labelname}, and then find card with that {labelname} and do the action? wouldn't it do that to the newly created card with the labelname and not the card that the labelname came from? 

I guess i could create a rule that when a label is added it adds a comment with the label name, and then i can add another trigger to use regex look for a comment with content A | B | C, and then do the action. That feels more convoluted than i was hoping for though and might just be easier to duplicate the rule and swap out the label. 

Thanks for the feedback!

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 16, 2022

@Brittany Joiner 

Since it is a triggercard, I added {triggercardlink} to description when I created the new card. In the trigger from the new card do a find with {triggercarddescription} add any comment to the card where you first added the label. 

Like Brittany Joiner likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events