Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can you create a Checklist that once you make a change, it will auto update all copies?

I'd like to create a Checklist that contains all of my staff's names.  I want to use this Checklist in multiple Lists on one Board. As my staff changes, I'd like to update this 1 Checklist and then have it automatically update all of the other places that I used this Checklist in.

Basically....if I hire/fire a staff member, how do I get them on my Checklist without having to update multiple Lists?

Is this possible or is there a better way to do this?

1 answer

Hi @Michelle Smith 

You can use this method, 

1- You need to have one master card named "MyStaff" with all members in a checklist "Staff" in a specific board.

2-All other cards which use this checklist are linked with the master card in the attachments. 

3- You can create a butler rule like this

when an item is added/removed to checklist "Staff" in a card in list "Staff", for each card linked in the attachments, add/remove the item {triggercardchecklistitemname} to checklist "Staff"

Hi @Ludo , thanks for your help!

I have the rule made but it is not working.  I make a change on the Checklist on the My Staff Card but it does not change in my other cards.  Maybe I am misunderstanding what you mean by "master card"?

I have a List named My Staff, a Card on that List named Staff and a Checklist in that Card called Staff.  Do I need to do anything different?

So, you have done first and third step. What about the link ?

For example to link 2 cards and copy the checklist for the 1st time, you can use a rule like this

when a card is added to the board, add the "Staff" checklist from card "{MyStaff}" to the card, find a card titled "Mystaff", and link the cards together

Be careful : one time you say my card is named "my staff" then you say "staff"

And is the card named My Staff in a specific different board as suggested ?

hi @Michelle Smith 

I have done some changes. 

Now, you don't need to create a specific board. But the card My Staff is the only card present in list "Staff". All other linked cards are always in other lists.

when a card is added to the board, 
add the "Staff" checklist from card "MyStaff" to the card, find a card titled "Mystaff", and link the cards together
when an item is added to checklist "Staff" in a card in list "Staff", 
for each card linked in the attachments, add the item {checklistitemname} to checklist "Staff"
when an item is removed to checklist "Staff" in a card in list "Staff", for each card linked in the attachments, remove the item {checklistitemname} to checklist "Staff"

New update :  prefix triggercard removed from the item reference.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,656 views 16 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you