Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you create a Checklist that once you make a change, it will auto update all copies?

Michelle Smith January 30, 2020

I'd like to create a Checklist that contains all of my staff's names.  I want to use this Checklist in multiple Lists on one Board. As my staff changes, I'd like to update this 1 Checklist and then have it automatically update all of the other places that I used this Checklist in.

Basically....if I hire/fire a staff member, how do I get them on my Checklist without having to update multiple Lists?

Is this possible or is there a better way to do this?

1 answer

0 votes
Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2020

Hi @Michelle Smith 

You can use this method, 

1- You need to have one master card named "MyStaff" with all members in a checklist "Staff" in a specific board.

2-All other cards which use this checklist are linked with the master card in the attachments. 

3- You can create a butler rule like this

when an item is added/removed to checklist "Staff" in a card in list "Staff", for each card linked in the attachments, add/remove the item {triggercardchecklistitemname} to checklist "Staff"

Michelle Smith January 31, 2020

Hi @Ludo , thanks for your help!

I have the rule made but it is not working.  I make a change on the Checklist on the My Staff Card but it does not change in my other cards.  Maybe I am misunderstanding what you mean by "master card"?

I have a List named My Staff, a Card on that List named Staff and a Checklist in that Card called Staff.  Do I need to do anything different?

Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2020

So, you have done first and third step. What about the link ?

For example to link 2 cards and copy the checklist for the 1st time, you can use a rule like this

when a card is added to the board, add the "Staff" checklist from card "{MyStaff}" to the card, find a card titled "Mystaff", and link the cards together

Be careful : one time you say my card is named "my staff" then you say "staff"

And is the card named My Staff in a specific different board as suggested ?

Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 31, 2020

hi @Michelle Smith 

I have done some changes. 

Now, you don't need to create a specific board. But the card My Staff is the only card present in list "Staff". All other linked cards are always in other lists.

when a card is added to the board, 
add the "Staff" checklist from card "MyStaff" to the card, find a card titled "Mystaff", and link the cards together
when an item is added to checklist "Staff" in a card in list "Staff", 
for each card linked in the attachments, add the item {checklistitemname} to checklist "Staff"
when an item is removed to checklist "Staff" in a card in list "Staff", for each card linked in the attachments, remove the item {checklistitemname} to checklist "Staff"

New update :  prefix triggercard removed from the item reference.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events