Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you asign users to a list?

Miles October 1, 2021

Firstly I have to apolgise I'm completly new to kanban boards!

Basically my team are working on developing our new site. I imagined a set up where we could drop a page "handbags" onto one list labeled 'designers' then once the desing is complet the designers pass that onto the next list labled 'developers' then ciopy writers & so on. The key thing I want is the relevant people to recieve an email when the project is in thier list  Is there a way to achieve this or a similar workflow? 

Thank you!

1 answer

1 vote
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2021

Hi Miles! I'd suggest assigning the card to the relevant member when the card transitions from one stage to the next. When a member is added to a card, that member will be notified. You can simply add the member to the card when a card moves from one list to the next, or use Butler to automate it. The automation would look something like "when a card moves into the "designer" list, remove all members and add "Member A" to the card", and so on.

If you want to get extra fancy, you could include an action in each rule to add a specific checklist that's relevant for when the card transitions into the next stage so the member has a clear list of actions. When they complete all the items, the card then moves to the next list. This would only really work if you had a standard process for each project.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events