Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can users on a free plan see the power ups I've created?

Joanna Brown June 9, 2020

I'm wondering if I use various power ups to create card templates with fields and other options, will users on a free license be able to see and fill them out? I'm wondering if they need the actual power ups (meaning they'd need a paid license for more than one PU) to see the fields and other features I've added from other power ups. 

Thank you!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2020

@Joanna Brown in some cases each user will need to authenticate with a power up to use it, for example the HelpScout power up needs each person to authenticate. In other cases, everyone will be able to see and use the power up without restrictions, for example Custom Fields.

It just depends on the power up.

Regardless, if your board is in a Business Class team, or you're a Trello Gold user, the power up limitations (ie. unlimited or 3 per board respectively) will apply for everyone; that is if you're a Trello Gold user, and you add 3 power ups to a board, then other people on that board will still be able to use all 3 power ups even if they're not Gold users (assuming they authenticate as may or may not be required on a case-by-case basis).

Joanna Brown June 11, 2020

@Iain Dooley 

Thank you so much - our Board is in a Business Class team, so this is a relief to know. It means we can create quite a sophisticated board with power ups, and we can be sure our free users will be able to see and use the power up features that we add. 

Thanks again!

0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2020

Hi @Joanna Brown ,

Welcome to the community!

If your created power-up is in the list of https://trello.com/power-ups or any external place. The free Trello user can use your plugin until the user use one plugin in a single board!

Joanna Brown June 11, 2020

Thank you Soumyadeep - really appreciate your response!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events