Can the last change date for a card in Trello be used in a report?

cpeterson December 9, 2019

Hi, In a Butler report I want to include the last changed date for each card reported on. I've been through the help section on field variables and could not find that information. Is it possible to get the last change date for each card?

Thanks,

Carl

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2019

Hi

2 ways :

• One full automatised and expensiv
  • On semi automatised and frugal 

Firt option, create a custom field "last change", Create a rule for each main trigger, and set custom field to now.

Second option, create a specific last change label,  after each modification, the user have to add the label last change. Create a rule when the last change label is added, set custom field to now, remove the label.

Include the custom field on report.

cpeterson December 19, 2019

Hi Ludo,

Thank you for the response. The method you describe is what we are doing now but what I was hoping for was exposure in the variables list of a date time stamp or date from the database backend. Often this is part of a database design though not always so perhaps it just isn't one there however if it is it would useful I think to add it as one of the variables accessible to the reporting process assuming it exists. I realize that may not be so simple as the exposed field would need to update anytime anything changed so perhaps it is not possible. We will continue doing what you suggested for this. 

Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2020

Recently, I read this 

https://trello.com/c/Oj2X006g/211-user-variables

Maybe, there is a user variable which is available. 

I have tested rule like this 

when a card is added to list "Terminé", post comment "{{#DateLastActivity}}"

But it doesn't work. 

Maybe, @Katrin Anger could tell us more. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events