Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't reach trello site

Daniel Vejvoda July 20, 2020

Hello, since friday 17.07. 2020 I can't reach trello website on mine laptop. 

I tried using various browsers [Chrome, Mozilla, Edge], restarted router, laptop etc. , but the error persists.  I can access any other website. I can even reach trello using mobila data on mine android device - but if I try to use wifi, I get the same error. 

Using ping and tracert commands in command prompt I can access some trello server [ip 104.127.50.36]. 

I have no clue what to do to fix it. Any advice please?

The text of error in Chrome (in other browsers it is slightly different)

This site can’t be reached

The connection was reset.

Try:

ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

4 answers

0 votes
Joris Demange September 20, 2021

Same issue on my laptop! The problem appeared randomly while I was browsing a board, without even doing anything on it.
I checked through Chrome's console, it shows an Error 429.

0 votes
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2020

Hi @Daniel Vejvoda 

Random question, are you using a VPN?

I had terrible trouble when I had my VPN on!

Just thought I'd check!

Esme :)

Daniel Vejvoda July 21, 2020

Nope, I don't use VPN or proxy server. But thx for tip :-)

0 votes
Vongsawat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2020

Bit of a longshot, given that the error is different (Can't be Reached instead of Access Denied) but are you currently in a Sanctioned Country ?

As I think that got implemented around the 15th-17th?

Nope, I live  in Czech republic and till friday 17th I was OK, zero issues with trello.

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2020

I would suggest finding a different laptop that is using same WIFI to check if the same problem exist .. If exist then it must be something with your wifi settings or provider. Maybe local firewall is blocking.

Are you able to log in using browser version or client? Please check both to be sure that this is not a client issue.

Another test is to check your laptop on different wifi

Hey Mirek, thx for reply.

I have desktop computer and I've tried it too, just like the android device, and the problem persists. 

I know, it could be mine provider issue, I've contacted them already via email, but I can foresee their answer - your connection is OK (and it is, beside trello, everything is working 100 %).

Considering I can ping trello servers using command prompt, I don't think this issue is caused by mine provider.

And one more note - if I use mine android as hotspot and use mobile data, I can reach trello on any device.

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 21, 2020

If on different computers is not working on the same wifi, but is working on them on hotspot it clearly is related to your wifi connection..

Are you able to connect using your wire to see if that is the same situation? I suggest also finding a computer with different OS, to check if there is noting related to that. I think we did not check also mobile access when connected to wifi..

Overall think about that changed when this started to happen.. Maybe some system updates or anything new was installed? 

I don't have acces to mine network via wires, even mine provider network is wifi, I live on village, so even though I prefer optic fibres, there isn't any provider who would offer that :-)

I don't know how it could be OS related, because it was working on mine android device (laptop uses Windows).

As far as I know, there was't any system update that day or day before. I don't know how can you be so certain it's mine provider issue, considering I can ping trello servers via command prompt - every command like ping or tracert works fine, the latency is smaller than 10ms usually. And every other site beside trello works fine. 

And I just got reply from mine provider - and the short version > they haven't made any changes and everything is fine from their perspective, so their advise is to contact trello support (which I already did too).

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 21, 2020

I am not certain that is your provider that is why I asked to check on a different OS. Ping uses different protocol (ICMP) so it might some firewall problem (maybe site is added by mistake to blocked?) 

In general you have at least 4 ways of accessing Trello

• Web (on laptop)
  • Dedicated App (on laptop)
  • Web (on mobile)
  • Dedicated App (on mobile)

With every configuration you need to check all 4 above including different browsers. That is normal procedure of troubleshooting that we are checking.

Then you switch to different computer and network and verify again is the same problem or different.

After that we are able to say is this a Trello problem, specific app or OS software (including network)

I've checked the firewall settings to be sure trello isn't blocked - it's OK.

And speaking of those ways and testing it - that's what I did and described here. To be honest - I didn't know about trello App, so I was just testing the web part. I've literally:

- Tried web on windows laptop using both mine network (local provider and mobile data from national mobile phone operator) and 3 different browsers (Chrome, Edge, Mozilla),

- Tried web on mobile device with Android OS using both networks and 2 different browsers (no Edge here),

- I even tried web on destop computer (Windows again) using both networks and 3 different browsers.

So I don't see how testing it on another laptop/pc with Linux/Apple OS could bring anything new - because I have already tested it using Android OS. And I got the same result on every platform - as long as I was using mobile data, everything was working. 

Anyway - thx for trying to help me! I appreciate it. 

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 21, 2020

No problem. We would find the root cause sooner or later :)

The reason to check with different OS was to verify if your network is fine as your network service provider is saying.

Anyway the issue is probably related to proxy/network setting on your desktop/laptop computers (Windows)

That was the reason why I asked was there any recent Windows updates that caused this.

Maybe you can check this set of solutions?

https://www.ionos.com/digitalguide/hosting/technical-matters/err-connection-reset/

https://thegeekpage.com/solved-err_connection_reset-chrome-error-best-fix/

Daniel Vejvoda July 23, 2020

Hey, thx for tips, but it suddenly started working again. Dunno why, but I'm  glad it just did. 

Like Vongsawat likes this
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 24, 2020

Oh! :) That is interesting :) .. So probably a DNS issue or something like that.. Anyway glad that you are able to use Trello again :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events