Can't log in to Trello

newsletter2 May 30, 2020

I have a Trello account.  I use my gmail and a password to log in. 

• No problem logging in on my laptop
  • No problem logging in to Atlassian on my desktop
  • But when I try to use the same gmail and password to log in to Trello on my desktop, I am told that no Trello account with that gmail exists.  This happens both on Chrome and Firefox.

What to do?

1 answer

2 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2020

Hi @newsletter2 ,

You can try recovering your password if it says that account with your email already exists: https://help.trello.com/article/743-recovering-your-trello-account

newsletter2 July 4, 2020

No, that's not what it says.  It says: "No account exists for this email."  So, obviously, I cannot recover my password.

But actually I have had a Trello account for this email for years, and on my laptop I automatically log into this account using that email, though I discovered today when I logged out of the account on my laptop, I was then blocked (lucky that I have a 2nd laptop!) 

It is also clear that actually there IS an account for this email, since when I try to recover my password using that email, Trello responds in a contradictory manner:

[1] It writes to me using my real name, details it would not have had, unless an account already existed

[2] At the same time, it treats me as having no account, and asks me to set up an account.

Clearly there is a Trello bug in there.

Like Soumyadeep Mandal likes this
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2020

Hi @newsletter2 ,

In that case, you can ask Tello support HERE

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events