Can't get OneDrive to attach a document from a shared folder

Scott Anderson July 12, 2017

It works fine if it's a Onedrive folder that I created, but if it's a folder that was shared with me and I try to attach a doc to Trello I can SEE the docs but they are not selectable to attach.

1 answer

0 votes
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2017

Hi Scott,

It sounds like the folder that was shared with you might have additional security parameters on it. As an example, if the person who shared the folder with you is using OneDrive for Business, that person's organization might have additional security settings preventing public share links from being generated. That person could share it with you, but you can't share it with Trello, because that works by creating a link.

There are a few variables here, but that's what I expect is happening, unfortunately!

Scott Anderson July 17, 2017

Thanks Michael, that's a good theory.  Unfortunately neither of us have OneDrive for Business and when we go into the folder share information there is no way to change any permissions that we can see, no way to lower the permissions or anything.  It's just shared or not shared...

I was actually thinking of upgrading both to the Business accounts to see if that solved it, but I haven't tried that yet.

-Scott

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events