Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't delete a recurring Trello task?

Carlyn Peterson April 29, 2017

I have a weekly recurring task that I no longer need. I have completed the due date, removed the repeat function, archived, AND deleted it... but it keeps coming back each week. How can I get rid of it??

1 answer

4 votes
Torben_trello
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 2, 2017

Sounds like you might be deleting/archiving the repeated card rather than the original.

If you just wish to stop a certain card from repeating, open any of the repeated cards, and scrolling down to the Activity. You'll see a line that says something like "Carlyn copied this card from name of original card". Click on the name of the original card to open it. From there you should be able to stop the repeat or delete the card entirely.

Regina Brunz March 19, 2018

Thank you!!!!

Like Emilia likes this
Martin Frey August 30, 2022

Thank you so much, you just released my "pain" too ;-)

Like Emilia likes this
Luyin April 13, 2023

Hi, piggy-backing on this question. The delete button doesn't work for me, and it's not the repeated card but the original. I click the button and then simply nothing happens except that the "Save" button is greyed out; it looks like it's trying to perform the action but gets stuck or something. Please help, I've had a bunch of repetitions I don't need at all anymore, and I can't get rid of them.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events