Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to Google Drive

Sally Farrington November 1, 2019

I'm trying to use the google drive power up but no matter what I try it won't connect to my Drive. When I try it just sits at "Linking your Google Drive account to Trello…" but nothing else ever happens. 

I'm using the free version and Safari.

Anyone have some suggestions? 

2 answers

0 votes
ivana November 14, 2019

Hi, I'm having the same problem! I am using the Trello (free version) desktop app for Mac, and it just keeps saying "Linking your Google Drive account to Trello…" but nothing else ever happens. I was able to add a file from Google Drive when using Trello online (in Chrome), but is there a way to make sure it also works in the desktop app?

I appreciate the help!

Garrett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 14, 2019

That's a slightly different issue, Ivana.

Currently, there is a known bug in our desktop app where Power-Ups like Google Drive fail to authorize or connect. Our team has that on their radar, although I cant say when we'll have a fix ready for that exactly. For now, I'd suggest sticking with the web version of Trello when adding files from Drive.

ivana November 15, 2019

Hi Garrett,

Thank you very much for the speedy help! That's good to know about the difference between the desktop and online versions. 

Thanks for the support (and all the great help from Trello!)

Like Garrett likes this
0 votes
Garrett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 11, 2019

Sorry to hear about that, Sally. Can you make sure that Safari's settings aren't currently blocking any pop-ups or cookies from Trello or Google please?

Also, do you notice this same behavior if you authorize your account in another browser such as Chrome?

Sally Farrington November 16, 2019

Okay

First, sorry for not replying sooner. Had to send my MacBook in for repairs

I adjusted the settings to allow pop-ups with no change

It does work when I use Chrome, and only in Chrome.

Anything I can do to utilize within Safari ?

Garrett
Atlassian Team
November 19, 2019

Hmm interesting, Sally. It does sound like the issue is isolated to Safari specifically.

Can you send us a message at https://trello.com/contact so we can have a closer look at that with you? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events