It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can someone help me with Butler Time Zones?

Hi there,

When setting up a new computer, Butler asked me to switch from my home city to Los Angeles in terms of timezones. It's the same timezone so even though it's a different city, I thought everything would work the same. Now my scheduled commands don't run at all. Can anyone help me fix this? Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Katrin Anger Community Leader May 14, 2019

@Danica Longair 

Hi Danica, as far as I am aware, the Butler Power-Up doesn't allow setting time zones.

Can you first check if you get any error messages for the commands that don't run? To do so, open up each command and click on 'Command Log'.

The command log says the following: "The command was rescheduled to a new timezone: America/Los_Angeles." And the command no longer runs.

Katrin Anger Community Leader May 14, 2019

@Danica Longair 

Ok, that's probably not the cause then.

What's the trigger? Can you post a screenshot of your command?

Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 8.34.46 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-05-20 at 8.34.33 AM.pngI have attached a screenshot of the type of command that won't run as well as the error message I am receiving. Thanks!

Katrin Anger Community Leader May 20, 2019

@Danica Longair 

I think you need to press one of the two green buttons before the command can run, Danica.

"Ignore" keeps it at America/Vancouver, the other one sets it to America/LA.

I'll try the ignore button. I clicked the other button initially, which is what started the commands not running. Because all my devices are set to my home timezone, I've been getting this error message on other devices as well. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Trello

There's a lot to love about the next evolution of Trello Community

Hi, team, Whether you've been hanging out here in the Trello collection for awhile, or whether you're just now joining us from the Trello Slack Community, we’ve got some exciting news about th...

2,282 views 23 46
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you