Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone help me with Butler Time Zones?

Danica Longair May 13, 2019

Hi there,

When setting up a new computer, Butler asked me to switch from my home city to Los Angeles in terms of timezones. It's the same timezone so even though it's a different city, I thought everything would work the same. Now my scheduled commands don't run at all. Can anyone help me fix this? Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2019

@Danica Longair 

Hi Danica, as far as I am aware, the Butler Power-Up doesn't allow setting time zones.

Can you first check if you get any error messages for the commands that don't run? To do so, open up each command and click on 'Command Log'.

Danica Longair May 14, 2019

The command log says the following: "The command was rescheduled to a new timezone: America/Los_Angeles." And the command no longer runs.

Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2019

@Danica Longair 

Ok, that's probably not the cause then.

What's the trigger? Can you post a screenshot of your command?

Danica Longair May 20, 2019

Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 8.34.46 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-05-20 at 8.34.33 AM.pngI have attached a screenshot of the type of command that won't run as well as the error message I am receiving. Thanks!

Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 20, 2019

@Danica Longair 

I think you need to press one of the two green buttons before the command can run, Danica.

"Ignore" keeps it at America/Vancouver, the other one sets it to America/LA.

Danica Longair May 20, 2019

I'll try the ignore button. I clicked the other button initially, which is what started the commands not running. Because all my devices are set to my home timezone, I've been getting this error message on other devices as well. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events