Can my employees receive Trello notifications in Microsoft Teams?

MEC IT Admin November 19, 2020

We are using the Trello app within MS Teams to integrate our Small Business subscription supported boards into certain channels.  We would like our employees to receive Teams-based notifications when they are assigned a task in Trello, or if someone comments on a card where they are added.

Problem: Notifications aren't visible in the Trello app within MS Teams.

Pursuing a solution: I've searched for answers in this forum, and found that it was being considered by developers back in 2017, with no updates given since then on related forum posts.

Screenshots: Further on in this discussion, when screenshots are necessary, I'll gladly provide them.

1 answer

0 votes
Lara
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 24, 2020

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out!

Currently notifications can be received in the post tab inside the team via the connector (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/office-365-custom-connectors).

Here are short instructions on how to do that:

1. Navigate to your team → channel, click on the dots, select Connectors

2. In the new window, select Trello and click on the Configure button.

3. At the configuration page, tick all required checkboxes and then press Save button

4. Now the connector is set up. Then you need to set up channel notifications. Click on the dots in top right corner and select Channel notifications

5. At All new posts field in dropdown menu select Banner and feed or Only show in feed, click Save button

After these actions notifications about the embedded board will be shown in the Posts channel, for example:

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns, and we’d be happy to help.

All the best,

Lara
The Trello Team

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events