Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i show the label names in the Trello iOS app, like the desktop app.

Igor Kluin November 13, 2017

In the web app you can show label names on the front of the cards by pressing ";". Is it possible to show the label names in the iOS app too?

35 answers

23 votes
Vern Six July 2, 2018

This is an absolute must in my opinion

6 votes
Henning Ziegler August 14, 2018

An absolute deal breaker for my team at the moment. Seeing just the colors in the iOS app is just not enough. : ((

3 votes
The Intentional Dollar March 30, 2020

This feature now works. Here are the steps:

1. Open the app
  2. Open the board
  3. Click the 3 dots in the upper right corner
  4. Click the settings icon
  5. Click edit labels
  6. Then toggle the button on for "Show Label Names on Card Front"

Hope this helps anyone as I was searching for this exact feature and decided to play around in the app myself.

Sergio García May 18, 2020

Thank you so much, it’s just what I’m looking for.

Eric Smoldt May 18, 2020

Fantastic! Thank you!

Дуотт Даэнур May 19, 2020

Still not implemented on Android :(

Like Tim_Stevenson likes this
Joy Zhi October 6, 2023

great, it works

3 votes
dirkjan brummelman September 17, 2018

I agree with the above, would really love to have readable labels, else there is little point in using them (apart from very general stuff like the green, orange, red for traffic-light states). 

2 votes
Gabriel Dover February 21, 2019

Yes, yes, please! This is making the app on the ipad basically unusable for me. If I can't see the label names, they are pretty much useless to me. 12.9" ipad = plenty of room to display them.

Does anyone from the dev team have a clue if this is in the pipeline, or ever likely to enter the pipeline?

Thanks!

2 votes
Ivan Kovbas February 11, 2019

+1 from 2019

2 votes
Дуотт Даэнур November 4, 2018

This is an abosolute must, for Android too. Tags are useless on mobile otherwise.

2 votes
Amarnath October 9, 2018

Definitely, a must have feature. Please include the same....

2 votes
Marta Galofre de Alos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 14, 2017

Not at the moment, but I'll share your interest in this with my team! 

If you're curious about how our team decides on what requests we work on, this article gives some insight into that process: http://help.trello.com/article/724-submitting-feature-requests-for-trello

To see what features our devs are currently working on, check out our dev board at http://www.trello.com/dev. Our mobile boards are available at https://trello.com/b/5tj4qAvo/trello-ios-app and https://trello.com/b/ud59t1fL/trello-android-app, and serve the same purpose for our mobile apps.

Cheers,

Marta

Ljubica Arsic December 13, 2017

Me and my team would very much appreciate this option! Please allow it since working with names of the labels and not only with colors is quite important.  Thanks!

MRM Metal Roofing & More January 16, 2018

+1. This would be a great feature.  

Derek Edwards April 6, 2018

+1 this would be a great feature

Drew Jones May 9, 2018

+1 for this feature.

Krishna Gundihithlu May 16, 2018

+1 from me. It would be a great addition.

Tania Khriapina August 6, 2018

+1 Our team really needs this feature, please update if this can be implemented. 

Dawson Woodward August 21, 2018

@[deleted] - This is not a feature request! The iPhone app should work like the webapp does for labels or it is useless to even use custom labels. The best response to this would be something like this: "Yes, it is not working right, we will get that fixed right away!"

Like # people like this
Lundi Kumalo September 20, 2018

+1 for me too. Hard to remember all the colour choices I made for my labels, worse when the board is shared

Yubbz September 26, 2018

+9000 for me too

got2code October 4, 2018

+1 for us and +3000 for the portion of our clients that use iOS.
Some of them use iOS almost exclusively.
We advise users on best tools for team and personal workflow, and this is a valuable add for them

Without this, the mobile version is hard to digest visually.

Like Andrew likes this
Ivan Kovbas February 11, 2019

+1 for this feature

Chad Behnke March 22, 2019

+1 for this feature...would be a huge help for my team as we are running Trello on around 20 iOS systems

LM September 25, 2020

+1 for this feature 

1 vote
Romain April 11, 2021

Definitly need it on Mac app too !

1 vote
Austin Linford June 8, 2020

This is working in IOS, but not Android. Can we please get this added to Android! Thx

pgeorge2001 July 19, 2021

Duplicate answer. 

1 vote
tokay December 20, 2019

Very surprised that this is still not addressed. It greatly impacts the usability of Trello and hinders having a clean workflow between desktop and mobile devices.  Browsers on iOS are a bit clunky so you have the trade off between labels and an otherwise poor UX or better overall UX but partially blinded.

1 vote
Isadora October 3, 2019

+1

1 vote
DaleRogersStudio August 28, 2019

+1 Please add this feature, folks have been requesting it for years!

1 vote
Shane Hoffa August 21, 2019

+1 Please please please! 

1 vote
Peter Stromquist August 12, 2019

+1 eagerly awaiting

1 vote
marlon.silvestre June 20, 2019

+1 waiting

1 vote
Deleted user June 18, 2019

+1

1 vote
Suelen Carvalho June 9, 2019

Hi guys, this is a very quick win! Please, implement that!! Thanks!!

1 vote
Ridley C April 16, 2019

I’d call this a BUG and it really hurts productivity at that point. 

Please fix it! 

Andrew June 6, 2019

Definitely a bug.

Over a year old, and still no fix. Glacial progress.

This is such a fundamental usability issue, I am thoroughly disappointed that Atlassian doesn’t have the competence to recognise this.

Please: less coders and more human-centred designers! Don’t waste time / resource on new “features” when the basics are so flawed.

Sheesh.

1 vote
XA Architecture January 16, 2019

Yes, Please add the text to the labels for mobile! I have all of my project names as labels on the cards, so I'm kind of lost in that way when I access on mobile. I also have all of my job name labels in the same black background, so they are not color coded. I tried color coding, but much prefer a single color--otherwise it's color-information overload, and I lose track of the due date colors, which is critical for me.

0 votes
Vince Teodoro November 15, 2021

It's quite upsetting that on web, you're not able to enable text labels to be on by default. What gives???

0 votes
pgeorge2001 July 19, 2021

This now works on iOS. 
Board Settings > Edit Labels > Show Label Names on Card Front. 

Дуотт Даэнур July 19, 2021

This option is still absent on Android :(

Eric Linnert
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 20, 2021
0 votes
DaleRogersStudio May 19, 2020

Thank you! 

0 votes
Deleted user October 6, 2019

+1

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events