Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can certain permissions be removed on boards or cards?

Gabby Butterbaugh May 20, 2021

I have a few people that I would like to allow only commenting privileges - I don't want them to be able to change due dates, mark a card complete or move a card.  Can this be done?

1 answer

0 votes
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2021

Hi @Gabby Butterbaugh 👋

Welcome to the Community! Trello allows you to define a user as a member or an observer when invited to a board, if you choose for them to be an observer they can only view and comment. Whereas if you choose them to be a member this allows them to edit, comment, move cards and invite others to boards.

I hope this helps but if you have any other questions just ask away 😃

All the best,

Laura

Gabby Butterbaugh May 20, 2021

@Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ thank you!  Do you happen to know where I can change this please?

Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2021

No worries, there’s more details on changing permissions on boards here >> https://help.trello.com/article/791-changing-permissions-on-a-board

I did forget to check one thing which is what plan you are on? As the permission features can vary depending on whether your on the free plan or business class. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events