Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone help me set up email notifications for Trello?

MattEierweis July 8, 2020

Hi Guys

I have set up my Trello notifications to send me emails instantly but whenever anyone tags me on any card across any board, I never receive the emails

I get desktop notifications pop up but I cannot for the life of me receive an email with the notification

Can anyone help? <3

Trello notications.png

1 answer

0 votes
Keli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 10, 2020

Hi @MattEierweis

Keli here with the Trello Support team!

Hm, do you receive an email notification if you close out of your Trello tabs or desktop app first before someone else mentions you on a card?

Desktop notifications (both the browser and desktop app) need an active, open Trello session to push and hearing that you're receiving desktop notifications fine, I'm wondering if the system is seeing that notification as "read" with the desktop notification push so an email notification isn't generated.

One way to test this is to close all of your browsing tabs/app then ask a friend to mention you on a card. Wait a few minutes then check your mailbox and SPAM folder to see if the notification was received. You can even go a step further and log out of all active browsing sessions in Trello > Settings > Log Out Other Sessions.

If this doesn't help, give us a shout at http://www.trello.com/contact and we're happy to troubleshoot further! 

MattEierweis July 14, 2020

Hi Keli

Thanks a lot for your help, here's what I have done:

I have logged out of all Trello sessions

I have blocked desktop notifications 

I have turned email notification frequency to never and then back to instantly

I closed all applications on my computer

I had a colleague tag me in a trello card

I did no receive an email notification

Any other ideas on how to fix?

Suggest an answer

TAGS