Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a team member who has been assigned a card mark it as done or fill out checklists?

Rachelle Ackerman September 29, 2018

I'm trying to decide if Trello is right for our small organization. So far I have determined from Trello's help that checklists with specific due dates cannot e assigned to other team members, which is a bummer. However, I also can't figure out whether team members can do anything with a card assigned to them other than view it? I used an alternate email account for myself to test, assigned my other self a card, and was not able to mark it as done, make a comment or move it to another list from my alternate account. I could only do those things as the admin. I didn't find anything in team member settings that could assign different permission levels. Am I missing something? As a project manager, I want to be able to assign tasks to people and have them self-report their progress on the tasks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alice
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2018

Are you sure that your team members have been added to the boards itself and not just to the general Team?

There are only 2 kinds of permissions for board members and they both include edit cards.

permissions.PNG

But it's possible that members of the team have been added solely to the Team and not to the Board and that's why they can't edit.

visibility.PNG

In fact, if you choose the second option for the Board visibility, Team members can still interact with the board itself, but not edit it.

Hope it makes sense. :)

Rachelle Ackerman October 1, 2018

Thank you. I'm not sure what glitch was happening, but when I tried it again, it worked. I think I hadn't properly accepted the invitation to my second account so it wasn't giving me full access. ie, I had clicked to view the board when that email invitation came, but hadn't accepted joining the team yet.

Alice
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2018

Oh well, I'm glad it works now. :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events