Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a guest to my board (on business account) access advanced checklist?

Ruben Arunasalam May 20, 2020

I have a board within a business account. I want my guests to create cards and use an advanced checklist. Is this possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2020

@Ruben Arunasalam yep, when you have a board that is part of a business class team, all members of that board will have access to business class features. If you invite the same member to more than one board they will be billed as a multi-board guest even if they are not a member of your team.

Hi Iain, 

Thanks for your reply. Though, I have a guest on my board who can't use the advanced checklists. Do guests have limited functionality than 'team' members?

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2020

@Ruben Arunasalam Oh, and the board is in your business class team rather than being a personal board?

The board is in my business class team. 

I have a guest accessing that board too. However, this guess can't assign a person to a checklist with a due date - advanced checklist feature. 

Do team members and guests have different capabilities?

Can a guest access the advanced checklist feature?

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 21, 2020

@Ruben Arunasalam that was my understanding, @Esme Crutchley are you able to confirm whether or not guests have access to advanced checklists? My understanding was always that guests on boards in business class teams have access to the same business class features as team members.

I'll also see if someone from Atlassian can jump in here

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 21, 2020

Hi @Iain Dooley thanks for tagging me in!

I honestly don't know, as I only have 2 team members, no guests. I'm wondering if @Michael Pryor or @Erica Moss knows the answer to the original question?

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 22, 2020

Currently guests don’t have Advanced Checklists capabilities.  We are trying to simplify our permissions so they are easier to understand and in that future world guests SHOULD have the ability. The idea would be any boards in a paid team, anyone on the board has the features. On boards outside paid teams, there would be no paid features.  The problem is we aren’t there yet so today guests cannot access Advanced Checklists I believe. 

Like # people like this
Ruben Arunasalam May 22, 2020

Hi Michael, 

Got you and thanks for your response and insight, I'm really looking forward to the next iteration then. 

Just a bit of feedback. The commercials around paid teams can be a little confusing.  I was so excited to set up a team, that I missed the fine print somewhere. So I didn't realize that each team member was going to be charged - upon adding them, there was no popup warning, so I was adding many team members..and got a bit of bill shock. I decided to be a bit more careful about who should be on the team. It would be great to have that commercial expectation somewhere a bit more visible. 

Once again thanks for your help. Trello is a great tool!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events