Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a create a copy of a whole team? Puedo crear una copia de un equipo completo?

Rosana_Briceno June 12, 2020

Hello, I want to know if it is possible to create a copy of the whole team, I had checked the documentation and tried all the bottoms and I can not find that choice, I have the free trail

Hola, quisiera saber si puedo crear una copia del equipo completo, he buscando en la documentación y no consigo la opción, también intente todos los botones en la pantalla, tengo la versión gratuita

image.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2020

Hi @Rosana_Briceno ,

Welcome to the community!

There is not a native way to do that, unfortunately! Your best bet would be to create the new team and then manually copy each board over to that new team.

Alternatively, if you have any developer resources available to you, this would be scriptable via Trello's API—while this would be a custom solution that would need to be written, once it's done and working, that would eliminate the manual copying: https://developers.trello.com/

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2020

@Rosana_Briceno Hmm what's the use case for this? There might be a better way to achieve the same outcome.

Rosana_Briceno June 15, 2020

Because we are a small team and we all participated in all the teams so every time we have to do a new one we must do all the configurations again, so we want to copy all the team structure and configuration and then just customized certain aspects

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2020

@Rosana_Briceno you can bulk add people to a team by copying and pasting emails from a list, so maybe just keep a Trello card called "core team members" with a list of emails in the description then, when you make a new team, add those members in. Aside from that there's no "copy team" function so any other settings would need to be changed on a case-by-case basis, or you would need to do that through the API.

For example you can update most of the preferences and so on of a team:

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/trello/rest/#api-organizations-id-put

For example here's my implementation in my Trellinator framework where I find an existing team or create a new one:

https://www.theprocedurepeople.com/trellinator-automate-trello/docs/trellinator-libs_Member.js.html#line140

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events